The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) has retained WSP Canada Inc., to complete the Detail Design and Class EA Study for the intersection improvements to Highway 28 at Peterborough County Road (PCR) 4. The Transportation Environmental Study Report (TESR), prepared during Preliminary Design identified a Recommended Plan for the improvements. The project involves the following components:
- New traffic signals;
- Dedicated southbound right turn lane;
- Eastbound and westbound left turn lanes;
- Improvements to the existing northbound and southbound left turn lanes;
- Widening of Highway 28 between PCR 4 and PCR 8 to accommodate fully developed left turn lanes between the two intersections;
- Drainage improvements including general grading of ditches and culvert replacements/extensions; and
- Utility relocation.
This project is following the approved environmental planning process for Group ‘B’ undertakings under the Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA) for Provincial Transportation Facilities (2000), with the opportunity for public input throughout the project.
This website will be updated regularly, providing project and schedule updates, information on upcoming events such as the Study Submission of the Design and Construction Report, as well as project documentation as it becomes available.
If you have questions or comments, or wish to be added to the project mailing list, please visit the Contact Us section of this website.